Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Amberg Platz

I have discovered my ambition for the rest of my life. I want to sit in the Amberg platz and drink fresh beer from one of the Amberg breweries and people watch in the summer evening. This is what I have been doing for the last two nights. Doesn't seem like it could ever get old.

I have no pictures from tonight. This is because I was too busy being entertained by three year old Liliana, who wanted me to see her coloring. Liliana got so excited that she started screeching--VERY unGerman--and I could tell it was making the older Germans extremely uncomfortable so I was forced to deny her my attention so her mother could get her calmed down. So my pictures are from last night. Virtually the same place with better weather (tonight it was more rainy):





Now for something ... different. Very different... By way. Now I have spent a lot of time in Germany. I've seen some weird things. Some really weird things. But this ranks as one of the weirdest. Maybe the All-Time Weirdest.

Being quite smitten with Amberg, and given the distinct possibility I will be returning here soon, I researched city hotels. I would like to come back here and bring my Frau with me. So I was researching Amberg hotels. 

Well, this hotel is really something. It's a prison-themed hotel. Set in a real prison. Or at least a former prison. A former German prison. I invite devoted followers of this blog to watch the video..or not...in the attached website. I'm not really sure how to understand this. And I don't want to cast aspersions, so to speak, but it just so happens that this, um, "modern" hotel, so to speak, is next to Amberg's Red Light District, so to speak:

http://www.hotel-fronfeste.de/index.php/zellen/doppelzelle

Nuff said. Maybe too much.


2 comments: